Young Adult ELI Readers - A Passage to India - Lektüre + Downloadable Audiofiles. Stage 4. Niveau B2
Sekundarstufe, Sekundarstufe I, Sekundarstufe II
|Maße||21,3 x 15,0 cm|
|Verlag||Klett Sprachen GmbH|
|Autor||Edward Morgan Forster|
The book is set in India in the 1920s. It is a story of Dr. Aziz, an Indian doctor, his friend Mr Fielding, a British professor and two British women Mrs Moore and Miss Adela Quested. Due to an incident occuring in the fictitious Marabar Caves, the characters find themselves in the turmoil of a changing India which highlights the prejudices and racial stresses between Indians and British.
A Passage to India whose title comes from Walt Whitman's famous poem "Passage to India", is one of E.M. Forster's most famous novels and is based on Forster's own experiences in India.
In this reader you will also find:
- Information about E.M. Forster's life and writing
- A focus on The History of English Colonialism
- A focus on religion and race in India during English Colonialism
- A focus on daily life in India during Colonialism
- Glossary of difficult words
- Comprehension and grammar activities